Opposition Congress on Saturday alleged that the documentary evidence of Mumbai blasts accused Dawood Ibrahim's presence in Pakistan was just a "face-saver" by the government while the ruling BJP asked Pakistan to come out of "denial." Reacting to the Hindustan Times report that Indian security agencies have documents to prove that Dawood is in Pakistan, Congress leader Manish Tewari said the "timing" suggested that the government was using the evidence as a face-saver following the "mess" in
HT reported that Indian security agencies have documents to prove Dawood, wife Mehjabeen Shaikh, son Moeen Nawaz and daughters Mahrukh, Mehreen and Mazia are based in Pakistan with the syndicate chief currently operating out of upscale Clifton neighborhood of Karachi. The agencies are in possession of an April 2015 telephone bill in the name of his wife Mehjabeen with D-13, Block-4, Karachi Development Authority, Sch-5, Clifton, as the installation address. Earlier this week, Pakistan high commissioner Abdul Basit said there was no question of handing over Dawood as he was not in his country. Interpol has a red corner notice, or an international arrest warrant, out against Dawood and a host of his associates for their involvement in the 1993 serial blasts that killed more than 257 Indians and injured hundreds more.